Changed Work

Changes Made to Copyrighted Work

If a work has been registered and then changes are made to it, you’ll need to register a new copyright claim if the changes are substantial and creative, something more than just editorial changes or minor changes. This would qualify as a new derivative work.

For example, simply making spelling corrections or minor edits throughout a work does not warrant a new registration, but adding an additional chapter to a book, adding new content to a website, or changing the melody to a song, would.


Next > Copyright Symbol